CARSTENZ EQUIPMENT LIST
- 1 sun hat (it must shade the eyes and nose)
- 1 balaclava (wool, polypropylene)
- 1 wool or fleece hat
- 1 pair glacier glasses with side protection (and a spare)
- 1 neck gaiter.
UPPER - LOWER BODY
- 1 expedition down parka with hood (-20 F)
- 1 windproof outer jacket with hood (Gore-tex)
- 1 poly/fleece jacket
- 1 expedition weight polypropylene shirt
- 2 lightweight, long sleeve polypropylene shirts
- 2 heavy polypropylene long underwear (tops and bottoms)
- 2 t-shirts for lower elevations
- 1 pair wind/rain pants (with side zips)
- 1 pair fleece pants (side zipper)
- 1 long cotton pant for trekking (legs zip off to become shorts)
- 1 nylon shorts
- 2 pairs liner gloves (poly thin)
- 1 pair medium weight fleece gloves
- 1 pair goretex wind shells for mittens
- 1 pair wool or fleece mittens
- 1 pair overmitts.
- 1 pair of trekking boots (Gore-tex) and 1 quality sport shoes
- 1 pair of sandals
- 1 pair insulated super-gaiters
- 2-3 pair of wool socks and polypropylene socks
- 3 pairs polypropylene, wool or similar socks.
- 1 down or synthetic sleeping bag (-20C).
- High quality back pack approx. 70-80 liters. Day pack for approach
hike and summit day
- 1 Large duffel bag (7000+cu.in) with lock to be carried to Base Camp.
Personal Climbing equipment & gears:
1 Carrier / Big Back Pack with bag cover, 80 Liter size or more (will
be carried by Porter)
1 Day pack for your valuable thing and summit attack
1 Seat Harness
1 Climbing Helmet
1 Headlamp with Battery + RESERVE BATTERY
1 Goggles / Glasses (100% Anti UV)
1 Pairs of boots with VIBRAM Sole for summit
1 Pairs of boots for trekking (Rubber Boots will be best)
2 Pairs of Gloves (1 for base camp, 1 for summit attack)
3 Pairs of Socks (1 for Trekking, 1 for Base Camp, 1 for summit attack)
- You can bring more for sure.
1 Pairs Jummers (Ascending Jummers - Left and Right Jummers)
4 Carabineer, delta screwgate
2 Carabineer, Oval (Big One) for crossing the line bridge
2 Descendeur (figure 8)
Several Coxtail / Cowtail, sling and Webbing
Raincoat, mountain gears and reasonable cloth.
Umbrella (We recommended to bring one, this is very effective for expedition)
Goggles / anti UV glasses
Sun Block Cream
Sleeping Bag & Mattress for your comfort
Your favorite snacks
*** PLEASE DO NOT BRING CLIMBING EQUIPMENT & GEARS THAT IS NOT MENTIONED
- Sun screen and lip protection (UV rating of 20 SPF or more).
- Metal thermos bottle, 1000ml
- Toiletry kit
- Water bottle
- Camera and film
- Pocket knife (mid size)
- Book and walkman to spend time in tent
- Simple first aid kit. Pee bottle - 1 qt. capacity, wide mouth
- Insect repellant coating for hike in clothes.
- Copies of relevant documents (maps, directions, itinerary, etc...
all in plastic bags).
- Journal with pens
- Casual clothes for walking around, going to dinner
- Small Indonesia dictionary with travel phrases.